Travel to Florence

OZZ

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to travel to Florence in December. But, I need some help with hotels and other stuff. Especially I want to meet new people. I don't know how but I'd like to join a tourist group or something like that. I'll be waiting for answers. Thanks!

travel to florence

Hy Ozz.
I am Tanja coming from Slovenia, and I am planning to go to Toscany and Florence next month too. I do not know this places yet, but I wants to research it. I also speak italian language. My plan is to visit some other cities too, like Pisa, Lucca, Livorno etc. by train, and perhaps visit some around with renting car. The hostels in Florence are not so much expencive, you can find on hostelworld.com.
when are you planning to go

Dear OZZ,

Thanks for posting on our forum - I really hope that through here you'll be able to meet people coming to Florence ahead of time. If not, rest assured that it won't be hard once you get to Florence since there are many visitors from all around the world - many students as well - ready to meet and start friendships.

Good luck - if you need to ask any specific questions about Florence, come back and let us know!

Ciao :D

Thank you guys for answering me.

I will visit Italy for four days. I also want to go to another city like Pisa if I have chance. Probably I'll be there on 19th of December.

I'll really like to meet students. I'd be grateful if you can give me some information about which museums can I visit and how can I join to tourist groups.

A day trip to Pisa

Dear OZZ,

Pisa is just one hour train from Florence. It's a small city and the most important attractions are concentrated in Piazza dei Miracoli where you can admire the famous Leaning Tower - or Torre Pendente as we call it in Italian - and the Baptistery. In Piazza dei Miracoli you'll also find the Cathedral of Pisa, the Monumental Cemetery and the Museum of Opera del Duomo that displays original copies of several works of art. You can then walk around the city and get a taste of it. It's nice walking along the Arno riverbanks.

If you like art you can visit a nice art exhibition at Palazzo Blu about Marc Chagall.

Regarding joining groups you can rent a bike or take a walking tour. If you are in Florence, you can look for organized bus tours to Pisa. This other site, Tuscany Tours, offers the "sharing" option for tours but doesn't indicate how much you can save.

Pisa, as well as Florence, is packed with tourists and students and I think it won't be difficult for you to meet fellow travelers. Meeting other students and travelers might be easier if you stay at a hostel or small hotel as you'll surely find others traveling on their own who are looking to make new friends.

I hope you'll enjoy your trip to Tuscany :D

Last edited: