Florence, Rome and Naples

poojasj82

Hi,

We are planning to visit Italy in mid April and of 100's of beautiful places we shortlisted a few (of course with difficulty). We wanted to know if its feasible to complete in the limited time we have. Also, how will be the weather in these parts during mid-end April.

Here is the itinerary:

1. Fly from US. to Geneva. Fly to Rome. (Taking flight to and fro from the same city is cheaper)
2. Rome - 3 days
3. Florence & Tuscany - 3 days ( Rent a car)
4. Train to Naples.
5. Naples, Amalfi , Anacapri - 3 days (Rent a car)
6. Flight to Geneva
7. Switzerland - 4 days
8. Fly out to US from Geneva

Please let me know if this is too hectic or its feasible to do these places in the time we have decided.

Thanks
Pooja

Ciao!

It is trying to fit a lot in the few days you have, I understand. While it won't be a relaxing holiday as you will have a lot of ground to cover, you will definitely see a lot in the 3 days you have assigned to each place.

Some suggestions as regards Tuscany part:
- take train to Florence from Rome, spend at least a night there and then rent the car to see other parts of Tuscany staying in Chianti since it is pretty central...
- OR rent the car right after you arrive in Florence and drive out and stay somewhere in Chianti and use that as your base for the 3 days, with a day trip into Florence.

Make sure to read our suggestions for 3 days in Tuscany.

Can't comment more on the Naples itinerary as I've yet to go :eek: but 3 days in Rome sounds perfect!