What's open on Christmas

Joao

Hi there,

I would like to know what places (churches, palaces, monuments) in Florence I will find open to visit on 25th december.

Thanks

Joao

Ciao Joao,

We update this article every year with info on what's open in Florence on the Christmas holidays - so take a look since it will likely be very similar, with some updates done a few weeks before.

http://www.visitflorence.com/christmas-holiday-museum-hours.html

Hi Lourdes.
I will take advantage of this day in the afternoon to visit the wonderfull chapels of Santa Maria Novella and Santa Trinità. In the morning, I'll stroll through the piazzas del Duomo, della Signoria, della Repubblica as well as the ponte Vecchio contemplating the Arno river. The Piazzalale Michelangelo i'll visit the same day of Uffizi and Santa Croce.
Thanks a lot!

Sounds like a great plan! generally all churches will be open for mass/services but not for visits so it is a good day to enjoy all of the outdoor architecture, the monuments and piazzas that are all in themselves things to see and admire :)

Sounds like a great plan! generally all churches will be open for mass/services but not for visits so it is a good day to enjoy all of the outdoor architecture, the monuments and piazzas that are all in themselves things to see and admire :)

Santa Maria Novella is open in the afternoon for visits.Santa Trinità I don't know, but I guess so.

They have been open in the afternoons on past Christmas day's for visits for a few hours so it is likely you will be able to visit.... check that article again in early December before you come, we will have updated it with any new info we find out about ;-).