kind of a weird request, but i'm hoping someone can help! :)

nicolejhm

hi, everyone! i'm new to the forum, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable individuals here, so i figured i would post in hopes that someone can help. :)

my mom and i visited italy in 2011. while in florence, we were walking to the uffizi when we came across a woman playing the guitar and singing. her guitar case was open in front of her, and it had copies of her cd for sale, as well as a place to leave donations. she was surrounded by a large crowd, so we stopped and listened for a bit. my mom absolutely loved the music; in fact, it moved her to tears. but we moved on.

to this day, my mom still talks about that woman playing music in florence and how she wishes she had bought her cd. i was going through the pictures of our trip this evening, and i came across a few photos that i snapped of the performer. i was wondering if anyone here who is familiar with florence could help me identify her? i don't know if she's even still in florence, but i would love to be able to find out who she is and possibly track down a cd of her music for my awesome, wonderful mom.

i've attached the photos. thank you for reading, and thanks for any and all help. <3

musician-in-florence-2.jpg

musician-in-florence1.jpg

Wishing that second photo was not blurred on the end so that we could at least get a name!

The face is not completely unknown, so I will keep a lookout this summer as we go out in the day/evenings to see if we see her around. It could be that she's no longer in Florence but we'll see if we can be of help in one way or another... if we do find her, we can get the CD ourselves and then somehow pass it on to you and your mother! Do make sure to check back on the forum (you can "subscribe" to the thread to make sure you receive any replies in any case).

thank you!

oh, thank you so much, lourdes! i checked back on this post out of curiosity--i was sure that no one had replied. but i can't tell you how grateful i am for your reply! i know it's been months, but will subscribe to the thread now. thank you again!

I kept a lookout all summer but did not see her. I was talking to some musician friends of mine and they told me that a lot of the buskers are often students, often studying in Florence and thus not permanent.
So sorry I can not offer more help - who knows, we might eventually find someone who can at least give us a name! in today's world, something then has to come up online, with at least a name to start.

I think I found her

Please try "Justyna Maria Janiczak" on Google or Youtube. I think she is the person you are looking for.

Regards.

Great job Manuel, thank you for posting and giving us a name!!!

And looking back, I now realize that Melany had mentioned her name a year earlier here: http://www.discovertuscany.com/forum/florence/1768-tourists-thoughts-recommendations-florence.html - now I'm embarrassed I hadn't connected the two together :eek:

A search by her name gives lots of YouTube videos - but I wasn't able to find a website or something that looks as an official channel to contact her directly. I'll go check on FB ;)