First Time in Italy Advice - Lourdes?

Jeff

I will be in Milan on business for two days in early October, plan to spend the weekend somewhere in Italy since it's my first time there. Florence, Venice, Sienna -- can't decide, all sound great, and I would take the train to get there from Milan. Leaning toward Florence, but need advice on where to stay (clean, affordable, near the major tourist sites). Any advice would be great!

A weekend in Florence would be great in October - weather still good and crowds slowly decreasing.

As long as you stay in the historical center, you will be walking distance from all of the sights.
You can browse through here: http://www.florenceaccommodation.com/
but in particular I would recommend
Casa dei Tintori
Antica Dimora Johlea
Antica Dimora Firenze
or Hotel Principe ;)
They vary so take a look and see which one appeals more... if you tell me which one(s) you like and need more recommendations, I'll go from what you tell me are your preferences. Ciao for now!

Hotels for a week nearby florencedesign academy

I will be in Milan on business for two days in early October, plan to spend the weekend somewhere in Italy since it's my first time there. Florence, Venice, Sienna -- can't decide, all sound great, and I would take the train to get there from Milan. Leaning toward Florence, but need advice on where to stay (clean, affordable, near the major tourist sites). Any advice would be great!

can i get any names of theHotels and flats nearby florence design academy.

About Firenze card.

Hi Lourdes,
I have a small question. Does Firenze card imply on Galeria Palatina and Boboli Gardens? I am asking because I couldn't see those two places on firenzecard.com.

Amici delia Uffizi card instead?

Hi Lourdes,
I have a small question. Does Firenze card imply on Galeria Palatina and Boboli Gardens? I am asking because I couldn't see those two places on firenzecard.com.

Don't know about the Firenze card Stefan but both sites you mention ARE included in the Uffizi card which I think is a much better buy than the Firenze card for those who will be in Florence for more than 72 hours. You can skip all the queues at the Uffizi and the Accademia as with the FC but you can also visit more than once. We have been to the Uffizi 3 times, the Pitti Palace similarly and once to San Marco, the Bargello, the Accademia and most of the others in the list - each time skipping to the head of the line. The Uffizi card only costs 60 euro for one or 100 euro for a couple/family of 4 (two children). It's a steal!

I can confirm that the Pitti Palace (all the museums) and the Boboli gardens are included in both the Firenze Card as well as the Amici degli Uffizi card mentioned above by Ortona. And as she has already said, there are advantages to one over the other... it really just depends on how long you're in Florence and whether you are 1, 2 or a family of 4 or 5 and what sights you're interested in to help decide one over the other. Let us know and we'll try to help!

And to add to UomoGrasso's review on Hotel Principe, which we also highly recommend for anyone looking for old world, Florentine charm, you can read our own here:
http://www.florenceaccommodation.com/hotel-principe.html