Visiting Churches

We leave for Florence in just a few weeks. Quick question about what to pack. Are men allowed to wear dress shorts in churches in Florence? I know it will certainly be hot there!

I am not an expert on how to dress in the churches, but what I can offer is that the Church tries to encourage respectful dressing. So having said that, the guts of the dress code is to be respectful of the environment and those who are in the church to actually pray. Shorts are acceptable in most churches however - shirtless shirts, short shorts, mini shorts .... not so much. And what I have found, is if the church is going to be rigorous in its rules they offer you an option (cloth not cloth) covering that you can buy at the ticket counter.

Buon Viaggio

Thank you for your response. We are hoping to attend Sunday Mass at the cathedral in Pisa. Is there any way to be sure we'll be able to do so without having to pack long pants to wear for the day? My shorts are dress shorts but they are not lower than my knee. I don't mind buying a cover-up if I need to. I just don't want to be turned away.

Also, unrelated, but do we need to pack AC/DC converters for charging cell phones and iPads?

Thank you for your response. We are hoping to attend Sunday Mass at the cathedral in Pisa. Is there any way to be sure we'll be able to do so without having to pack long pants to wear for the day? My shorts are dress shorts but they are not lower than my knee. I don't mind buying a cover-up if I need to. I just don't want to be turned away.

Also, unrelated, but do we need to pack AC/DC converters for charging cell phones and iPads?

Dress shorts will be totally acceptable - just not shirtless, OK? ;-)