www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Parking in Florence for 6 hours with full cars of belongings

Cool Parking in Florence for 6 hours with full cars of belongings

Hi,

can you please help me, could you recommend me some safe/guarded parking in Florence? Near city center. We will come with full car for 6 hours, we really need guarded car parking. Car will be full, not only in trunk. We will arrive at 9 am on Friday to Florence and our accommodation in San Gimignano will be prepare after 4 pm. So, we want spend time in this beautiful city Florence.

Another question. We will come with 1,5 old kid. Is it easy to move around the city walk/public transport with stroller?

Thank you for your hepl.

Pea

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Ciao Pea,

You can definitely move around easily with a stroller, although there are still many streets with the old cobblestones that are not all that level and might be a little more difficult to move over. But generally, streets are pretty smooth. We move around fine with the stroller with our 23 month old in a stroller.

Now, as far as the car goes - I understand the problem, since it also often happens to us when we travel that we can't check in until late in the afternoon and have a car full of belongings. I suggest spending the money for a safe parking garage, one where there is someone there. In this case, I'd recommend one in the center, such as http://www.florenceparking-oriuolo.com/ - contact them ahead of time to make sure of the streets to get to them, since there are many one-ways. Also ask about the ZTL, whether they will communicate your plate to the police so that you don't get a ticket for entering to reach them. I don't know rates, so you can search for other similar ones like this - private garages would be better, as the public lots are not manned at all.
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.

Share and Bookmark!

Share and Bookmark!