Advice on Bardini and Boboli Gardens

andy M

Hi Lourdes
I would be most grateful for your expert advice please- I have pre booked my boboli/bardini garden tickets (through the official florence ticket website) for 8.30am in a few weeks time. I know this ticket also combines entrance to the pitti palace also but unfortunately we will not have time to see this. My question is- can i go directly to the garden entrance (i am also unsure of where this entrance is) to collect my prebooked tickets or do i have to go to the pitti palace to collect them and if so how long does it take to get to gardens from there? We want to spend as much time as possible in the gardens and so would like to cut out any unnescessary faff at wrong enterances etc. Thanks so much for any advice you can provide! Best wishes

I would suggest you start with the Boboli Gardens - you need to go to the ticket office in Piazza Pitti to pick up tickets there but don't worry, the main entrance into the gardens is there as well so you don't have to backtrack at all. Lines are very short there in the morning so I think you'll be fine!

Check the maps inside the garden - you don't want to to exit the normal way to head to Bardini - the exit by the Forte Belvedere brings you to the Bardini garden entrance almost, so head that way once you're done!

Enjoy Florence!

Advice on Bardini and Boboli Gardens- Lourdes

Thank you so much Lourdes! You are a star :) I am so looking forward to visiting this beautiful city. Can I bother you with another question please :p -

I have also pre booked my accadamia and uffizi tickets - how do i go about picking them up and what line do i go into to queue?

Thanks for all your help! x

You're welcome! At the Uffizi, there is a separate gate (#3 if I recall correctly), that only gives out tickets for prebookings. Head there about 15 minutes before your time slot and pick up the tickets.... then head back to Gate 1, I think it is, which is only for those with advanced tickets... every 15 minutes they let in those who are supposed to enter at that time.

At the Accademia there is just one line for those with no tickets, and those with prebooked tickets... so arrive also a little before, so that you can go in more or less when your time comes up. Once you're in you pick up the tickets.

Advice on Bardini and Boboli Gardens- Lourdes

Great, thanks so much for your help Lourdes! Its really appreciated :D
Ciao! x