www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: various sites for pre booking Florence museums

Thanks for the info- Do you have any knowledge of booking for the planetarium-its website says I have to phone them but thats quite dear fromEngland. There is meant to be a programme of events online but I cant find that ??
    Also I am hoping to take my son to the Arcetri Observatory Florence but its website is unavailable. Does anyone know if it is open to visitors in August and if so how do I book tickets
    Thanks so much

Ciao Possmum,

I am sure your son will love visiting both the Planetarium as well as the Observatory but both require very careful planning to visit. The website for the Arcetri observatory is this one: visite

The truth is that both are not that easy to visit... thus making it hard for people to visit them, and again, in turn, reinforcing their idea that they aren't "popular" and therefore are not made easier to visit! Hopefully, with the recent renovation of the Galileo Science Museum they'll realize that if they offer the services, people do use them - especially since kids love science when put into an easy and fun way to see and understand!

The short reply for your booking question: there is NO ONLINE booking for these two museums, the only choice is to call...... BUT, as both the Planetarium and the Arcetri Observatory are managed by the team of scientists at Arcetri - and I found an email address for Arcetri - I think you will be able to get more information and details for visiting both by EMAIL by writing to this address: richiesta_visita@arcetri.astro.it

Another two things to consider: first, you're visiting in August and that is when so many people close up and go on vacation. Lately, trend is to no longer close shop for the entire month but still you'll have to keep this in mind. Second, guided visits to the Observatory are done by a volunteer association only in the week of the first quarter moon at 9pm. So I hope your visit falls into the right week in August!!

So when you email, make sure to ask planned opening schedules (they should know whether they'll be open in August and when) and about reserving for the planetarium. They might say you can reserve closer to the date or just a few days ahead of time, the important detail now would be to know if and when they'll be open in August. Good luck - do let us know what they tell you, I am sure others would find the info useful!!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default Re: various sites for pre booking Florence museums

Hi- many thanks for that information-I hadnt seen your reply until now as I was waiting to be e-mailed about a reply !- sorry for the delay. That is all really useful, I will email them and then write- Actually it is the first quarter moon !!!
    Regards!

Default Re: various sites for pre booking Florence museums

Ciao Possmom,

Glad you came back on the forum and saw the reply -- when you reply, there is a "subscription" section further below the "submit reply" button that lets you receive notifications to any replies on the thread, that way you know when you get a reply and can come back to post again, if you need to

Glad it will be the first quarter moon right when you are here - the visit then should work out really well
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!