Best area to stay

gisele

While visiting the area of Tuscany, I'm wondering if it would be best to make Florence the focus point to stay for 7 to 10 days and take day-trips from Florence to surrounding areas or can you recommend an area in the Tuscan region that would be a good place to stay for 7 to 10 days but still have easy access to train stations or bus stations in order to visit places like Pisa, Lucca, Siena, Cortona, etc.
Thanks.

Staying in Florence

Dear gisele,

I think the best place to stay for your holidays in Tuscany is Florence.

Florence is well connected to other art cities and to the rest of the region.From Florence you can get trains to Lucca, Pisa, Arezzo and buses to Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti.

I recommend you stay in Florence city center or its surroundings so that you are close to both the train and bus station.

These are some B&B accommodations in Florence that I would like to recommend to you, located in different areas of the city:
  • The Johanna and Johlea B&Bs are located near the train station. They have 4 different locations and are all characterized by elegant rooms.

• B&B Villa Antea in Florence. Set in an exclusive villa located within 10 minutes walking distance from Florence's train station and 20 min from the main attractions, it has a nice garden and luxury accommodations.

You may find more accommodations in Florence here.

I hope these suggestions help you in planning your stay in Tuscany. Don't hesitate to come back with their questions.:D