someone visiting Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze ?

dciple

Hello all,

this might seem like a strange request but I'm looking for someone who is able to visit the "Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze" to lookup a specific book and make a copy of it, I will pay for it of course :eek:

The book is a mathematical book by an Italian cabalist writer, dated 1870 so the copyright has expired !
It is not (yet) available on google books but I'm an avid student of all things mathematics and numerology and need this book to complete a thesis.

If someone is interested (or you know someone who has an hour to spare) please contact me via PM or email.

dcipledude@hotmail.com

Thank you

That is an interesting request!

Several years ago, when I was a student, I had gained access to this shrine of a library.
The library system I remember worked something like this: only those who needed access for their studies or research could gain access, with a letter of recommendation in hand from their school/faculty saying why you needed access. That was just to get into the front door.
Then you had to find the location of the book or material in the old paper drawers and then put a request for it - they would tell you when they would find it and have it ready for you.
As in maybe a few days later, because there are no open-stacks here, the material is too precious.
If you wanted copies, they would make them for you, you would pay before getting them.

A lot can change in time and hopefully it doesn't precisely work in the same way now - particularly as regards material going into digital version to make them more accessible. Have you already taken a look at what is available through digital version on their official site? here it is: http://www.bncf.firenze.sbn.it/