Florence in 2-3 Days

SukMon Chu

Hi Lourdes!

I will be in Florence for approximately three days and two nights. I get in from Venice at around 1:30pm on the first day. I have a full day the second day, and then I leave Florence the third day at around 2pm.

I want to squeeze as much of Florence in as I can during the first afternoon and last morning, because I want to do a one-day bike tour in Chianti on the one full day that I have. What do you think I will be able to fit in, and what suggestions do you have? Thanks!

SukMon

Ciao SukMon,

For the bike tour, I highly recommend Bike in Florence & Tuscany - take a look at their offerings here:
http://www.bikeinflorence.com/
They specialize in small groups and personal tours, so it might be just you and them instead of a large group. This way they can also personalize what you end up doing, if what you see is not what you were thinking of doing. Contact Elena to get suggestions on how you can organize the day.
I think you'll also have that evening in Florence, so you can enjoy a nice dinner out ;-).

As far as what you might fit in while in Florence the first afternoon and last morning, you can fit in a lot if you consider walking around and seeing the sights from the outside and skipping museums.
You could go to the Duomo on the first afternoon - see the inside and climb up the dome itself or the bell tower, then you'll enjoy a great view over the entire city.
Walk on to Piazza della Signoria - if you have the time, visit Palazzo Vecchio that same evening (it is often open until late), some parts are still in use by the city and the mayor but the rest is now a great museum.
Spend the evening walking from Ponte Vecchio to Palazzo Pitti and all around, at night when all the monuments are lit up they are beautiful. You can do that the second evening too, depends on what time you come back to Florence. If you pass by Piazzale Michelangelo on the way out or in to the city, make sure to ask for a stop there to see the view!
On the last morning, depends on whether you feel you've seen enough or want to see a "museum" - but you won't have time for more than one. You could visit the Uffizi Gallery (I'd recommend getting online tickets here before if you come from April onwards) or the inside of Santa Croce or Santa Maria Novella.
I am sure you will enjoy what you see - the thing is to not try to be in a hurry or have a checklist to check things off. Just enjoy what you see, and if you like it, I am sure you will find a way to come back and see more! ;-)

Hop-on / hop-off stations

Hello everyone

My son, his girlfriend and I will be in Pisa for 3 days. From there we thought of going to Florence for one day. Checking on train tickets, I've found a line that arrives at Firenze Rifredi Station.
I've also thought of buying tickets for the the hop-on hop-off double-deck tour bus, but wanna know what's the closest hop-on hop-off bus stop from the Rifredi Station. Is there any at a walking distance?
What are the options to get to the tour bus from Rifredi?
Thank you for your help.

Jaell