5 nights in Florence

Kiwi couple

Hi Everyone,

This is our first post and we are looking forward to some of the fantastic feedback I have read on this forum. My wife and I will be embarking on our first trip to Europe in September and Italy is the first country on our Bucket List. We have 1 night in Milan, 2 in Venice, 5 in Florence, 5 Rome, 3 Naples then finish with a 4 night relax in Sperlonga.

Our plan for Florence thus far is as follows.

Arrive from Venice Early to mid Afternoon and look to do an evening cycle tour to orientate ourselves around the old city. We are staying in a little B&B near the Santa Maria Novella Station so the next day we are thinking of wandering through the streets of the old city ourselves and taking in the sounds and sights at our own pace. We would fit in a visit to the Accadimea during this day as well.

The following day we are looking at an organised tour to Cinque Terre. Any recommendations for tour providers would be appreciated.

A day trip to Pisa and Lucca the following day. Suggestions Bus or train and in which order?

A day trip to Siena. Once again Bus or train and must see sights?

We were thinking of leaving mid to late afternoon for a 5-6 arrival in Rome so any suggestions of how to fill in 3-4 hrs that morning would be great. Checking out early and leaving our luggage in storage wont be a problem.

Thanks for reading our post and we look forward to any comments.

Ciao:cool:

Tom & Frances

5 days in Florence

Dear Tom and Florence,

My wife and I plan to do a sort of your itinerary I June 2015.

2 days in venice
5 days in Florence
5 days in Rome and
3 days in Naples

So I would be grateful in you share your trip with us and tell us what could be doing. Should we be staying in Florence as a base and take day tour to near by places or should we cut 2 days from from Florence and Rome and rent a car driving thru Tuscany to Rome. Thank you

5 days in Florence

Buongiorno,

sounds like you have put a lot of thought into your itin and it looks great, I love your idea of doing a bike tour around the city when you arrive.

As for Cinque Terre and an organized tour, you can check out this site:
http://www.partner.viator.com/en/13618/Florence/d519-ttd?activities=all

You can easily do Pisa and Lucca via train. Be sure to book your tickets in advance if you want to climb the tower.

You could look at doing another organized tour for Siena which would include Chianti as well, it would give you a wider view of Tuscany. Or you can catch the bus to Siena and enjoy it on your own.

Buon Viaggio.

question about accomodation and traveling to different places

Hello,

I have similar query, I will be in there from April 7th for 10 days. Initially I will be in Florence till Sunday, 12th and would like a hotel or B&B near SMN train station, any suggestions?

I would like to visit Padua and Venice after 12th and back to Florence as I fly out on 17th. How many days in Padua and how many in Venice?

How to do I get to tourist attractions in the city and surrounding area, by train or bus? Is it easy to navigate without the knowing the language?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much

B&B in Florence

Buongiorno,

You can check out this place, it is close to the train station Campo di Marte in Florence, a little way for the bustle of the Firenze SMN train station and a nicer way to enjoy Florence.

http://www.florenceaccommodation.com/il-giglio-d-oro.html

From Campo di Marte you can get to Firenze SMN in a matter of minutes. Firenze SMN connects with Venice and Padua with speedy trains for easy travel.

Buon Viaggio