Uffizi on Easter weekend

Luigi

Greetings!

As I posted on other topic, I'll be later this week in Firenze, exactly from Thursday 2nd to Monday 6th.

One of those days will be dedicated to exploring out of the city, while two full days remain.

As my wife has never been to Firenze, I really want her to visit the Uffizi Gallery, but trying to purchase tickets online, they have both Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th blocked. I know Sunday is "free first Sunday of the month", hence no reservations, but what do you know about Saturday?

Now, a couple more questions... :)

At this time of the year, are the queues so long as for you to recommend buying ahead?

What can I expect if I try to visit Uffizi on Sunday 5th? Should queues be really really really long?

Saturday seems to be sold out, that is why it is no longer available. Sunday, as it is free, is not available at all for prebooking - since you are here, you can swing by and take a look at the line and see how it is..... last month it was all the way around the the museum and into Piazza della Signoria. It was LONG LONG LONG!

I would suggest Monday, with prebooking. Easter holiday weekend is always busy so if you really want to visit either the Uffizi or Accademia, I recommend prebooking - you can do so at http://www.uffizi.org.
Other museums might have long lines but not that bad.... I would suggest other museums other than those two on Sunday (most of them will have free entrance).