2 days in florence & travel card

Chh

hi
i am planning a 2 day stay in florence. day 1 i will go to pisa leaning tower and will return bk in the afternoon.so i have one and a half day for local florence. i m confused with the local transportation.the florence card is for 72 hours and my stay is not that long.are there any other travel card or day paases for local travelling.
thanx

No, unfortunately there are no other cards or passes available for your stay.

With just 1.5 days in Florence, if you're staying in the center, you won't be using buses at all, the city is small and very walkable and there are just no buses that cross the center anymore.

Depending on the amount of museums you want to visit during your day and a half, the Firenze Card might not be the best solution for you. You can just pre-book tickets for the Uffizi or Accademia and for any other museum just walk up (lines tend to be much shorter at all other museums).

Take a look at this itinerary for 2 days for suggestions on what to do/see while you're in Florence:
http://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/two-days-in-florence.html

train advise. .

Hi
thanx for the reply .I have gone through the 2 days iteanary .its really helpful.
my accomodation is not exactly at city centre. So I need to take busses. Is there any day travel card for busses or tram or for both.
For train to PISA- whether I need to book ticket in advance or I can take on the spot.
I will be going venice . Somwhere I have read that online booking is not possible .is that true? Is there any difference of rates in booking online and taking the ticket at train station.

If you need to use buses, then ATAF has several passes from a 24 hour ticket to a 3 day pass or a 7 day pass, at very decent rates: http://www.ataf.net/en/fares/tickets.aspx?idC=82&LN=en-US
You'll have to get those at the ATAF window at the train station (in the ticket area).

You can just buy your train ticket to Pisa on the spot once you're here, right before you need it. Rates are the same, no matter whether you buy online. For Venice, there are sometimes special online offers - you can check both trenitalia.com as well as italotreno.it to see if there are special offers at the moment and buy ahead of time if you do find an offer. You can also just wait and buy a ticket once you're here, if there are no offers now it will make no difference to buy ahead of time.

Hi,
Thanx for the advise. Are the passes in ATAF site is valid for busses only or we can use them in trams & train also.

Hi thanx for the advise. I have gone through the passes details. Whether 3 day passes is valid for buses only or its for the tram as well.
I have seen one daily family pass of 6euro which is valid upto 4 members. I am travelling with my husband , 3 year old daughter and my brother. Can i purchase this family pass.

I think you can buy the family pass for up to 4 members - the names of the four members have to be written on the ticket beforehand and shown with ID if the ticket controllers ask for them. You should get those at the ATAF point at the SMN train station, as I don't know really where else you might find them.