www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Sunday afternoon/Monday activity recommendations?

Default Sunday afternoon/Monday activity recommendations?

Hi - I am arriving with my husband, son and daughter (17 & 20) by train to Florence early afternoon on Sunday, July 5th. I know the "biggies" are closed Mondays in Florence (Uffizi, Accademia). What would be recommendations on what to see Sunday afternoon/Monday to make the most of our Florence time? We are in Florence through Wednesday but also hoped to do a day trip to Siena as well. If we chose to do our day trip to Siena on Monday (not really looking forward to traveling the day after we arrive in Florence but if it is the better option we will), would we run into closures on Mondays in Siena too?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

Default Monday in Florence

Hi, I just completed my Florence itinerary, and I am arriving on a Monday morning by train from Venice. I found that the Palazzo Vecchio is open on Monday and it's in the Piazza della Signoria, which in itself, is a sight to see. Also, nearby is the Basilica Santa Croce, very highly recommended. And also near the Piazza, Palazzo Strozzi might interest you. On Sunday afternoon you might try the Bargello museum, or wander across the Arno to see the Ponte Vecchio and the Oltrano district, and Piazzale Michelangelo, which provides a lovely view of the city from high on a hill. And of course, get yourselves some gelato and people watch! Sorry, can't help with questions about Sienna! Enjoy your trip!

Default Thanks for the Monday input

Thank you, Kparis, for the input! We are taking a day trip from Florence on Monday, decided that would be a logical day to go. Things are open in Sienna.

You're welcome! I'm sure your plans will be great and you will have no trouble with your day trip. Enjoy it all! :-)

Yep, lots of things are still "open" on Monday - take a look here just for the museums:
    http://www.visitflorence.com/florenc...n-mondays.html
    Florence is an open-air museum, so you can spend most of the day outside as well!

Siena is a also a great alternative as a day trip for Monday
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!