Boboli Gardens

Hayden

I have been looking at visiting the Pitti Palace and the Boboli Gardens, but am not clear from the guidebooks I have and the websites I have seen if it is possible to enter the Boboli Gardens independently, or whether the only entrance is via the Pitti Palace?

If the latter, can you head immediately to the Gardens and then look around the Palace later?

How long does one need to allow to look around the Gardens and the Palace and take them in?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Buongiorno,

just spent my Saturday exploring Boboli Gardens (hot but lovely)

When you enter from The Palazzo Pitti entrance you can go directly into the park and then visit the other exhibits in the Palazzo later. Just so you know the park is all up hill when you get in, so do bring good walking shoes. It makes a nice little circle and the Island and Lemon green house are very beautiful.

I brought in a small picnic (because the only place to get something to eat is at the bar within the Palazzo Pitti courtyard) and water - there are lots of benches and everyone else had similar ideas because there were many people relaxing in the shade of the huge trees. But no running around and loud noises, the perfect lit

The ticket for the next couple of months is 10€ because there is a sculpture exhibit in the park.

I hope you enjoy it!

Buon Viaggio