Florence to Naples

RSoliman

Hiii,
I've got work in Florence for more than a week late August.
Then followed by 4 unplanned days late August/early September until meeting a friend in Naples

My questions are:
1) what are the must see places in Florence in the evenings(after 5pm)?
- What do I need to book ahead of time?

2) Between Florence & Naples I'd like to visit Siena & Oriveto (4 days)
-Is there any other places I should not miss? I'm into cultural & scenic sites
-In which places is it worth spending the night? (Rome is totally unnecessary to stop at)
-Can you please help with advising sites, which cities to spend the night at?
-Best Public Transport (no car rental as I'm travelling alone & it would be too costly, I guess??)

Thanks in advance for your time & advise
Rasha

4 unplanned days

Buongiorno,

I suggest that you take your 4 days and divide them into

visit Florence for one full day (make Florence your base because it is easier to get around from here),
one day in Siena via public transport and explore the city
one day a tour into Chianti/San Gimignano
travel to Orvieto, sleep here the night so you can enjoy the town at night
and catch an early morning train into Naples (anywhere from a 2 to 4.5 hours train trip)

Buon Viaggio

Thanks!!!

Thanks Donna for the advise :)
But I'll be based already in Florence for work more than a week. Guess I should book a few more nights?
Chianti/San Gimignano is for wine tasting only? Or other stuff? I don't drink.
The Orvieto & spend the night then to Naples is an excellent suggestion

Thanks for you info & time
Best wishes
Rasha

Buongiorno,

I suggest that you take your 4 days and divide them into

visit Florence for one full day (make Florence your base because it is easier to get around from here),
one day in Siena via public transport and explore the city
one day a tour into Chianti/San Gimignano
travel to Orvieto, sleep here the night so you can enjoy the town at night
and catch an early morning train into Naples (anywhere from a 2 to 4.5 hours train trip)

Buon Viaggio

Florence

There is so much to do in Florence - but if you only have "after 5" as your reference then you might miss out on some things...leisure viewing of the museums, churches and monuments. You should defintely make a point of going up to Piazzale Michelangelo in the evening and The Tower of San Niccolo which is actually only open in the evenings and will offer you an interesting perspective of the city.

Chianti & San Gimignano - though certainly famous for their wines - are also beautiful places for visiting offer a nice view of ancient hamlets, unique architecture and an opportunity to meet the famous Tuscany hospitality. Just walking around the smaller towns, a bit of shopping in the local artisan shops for terracotta, wood, art and specialty foods (cheese, hams, pasta and sauces). And even if you don't drink the wine, the process of growing, making and storing the wine - and in many cases extra virgin olive oil - can be quite interesting especially since it makes up such a large part of the Italian culture.

As so that you should definitely look into visiting Castelnuovo Tancredi and ask them if they will show you the farm.