www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Italy rough Itinerary

Default Italy rough Itinerary

Hi Everybody
    I am visiting next March and have a rough plan in place. We will be a group of photographers that will be up early and out to late so driving in between wont be too much of an issue. Can you take a look at our rough plans and let me know what you think.

Regards
    Rod

Day 1: Arrive Venice
    Day 2 : Venice
    Day 3 : Venice
    Day 4 : Venice to Florence
    Day 5 : Florence
    Day 6 : Florence to San Gimignano
    Day 7 : San Gimignano to Sienna
    Day 8 : Sienna ( Val d"orca area )
    Day 9 : Sienna to Rome
    Day 10 : Rome
    Day 11 : Rome
    Day 12 : Depart

Are there places along the way WE MUST visit and is there anything you would dump from this trip in favour of something else ?

Thanks in advance

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

I think I would take out a day out of Venice and add it to spending more time between Siena and the Val d'Orcia - this area is gorgeous, what is typically the postcard picture of Tuscany so I think you'll want to explore it more.

Other than that, if this is your first time in Italy, I understand Venice - Florence - Tuscany - Rome is the normal route. If you fall in love, you can always come back and spend more time in just Tuscany ;-)
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.

Share and Bookmark!

Share and Bookmark!