Events in December and August

Elzabelle

Hi Lourdes,

I was in Florence last summer and I was really interested in the mix of multimedia events in historic buildings and about historic events; that blend of contemporary and traditional. I was working on another project and didn't have time to really delve into the events or talk to the people there. I am thinking about planning another trip, but the only time I have would probably be in August or from December 20th to January 10th. Can you tell me how to find out if those events are still running then? I am thinking about the plays in the Bargello that used multimedia, the multimedia shows about the Medicis, and the show about da Vinci.

I was not sure if at the holidays or typical vacation time they would still be running due to the lack of tourists. I am happy to do the research if you can point me int he correct direction- google has not done it for me.

Thanks.

Ellen

Events in August

Buongiorno,

You will find that though there are events all year long, the majority of the events (especially in foreign languages) take place in the summer months from June to September.

So the best time to come would most probably be in August. Though it is true August is a "vacation" month and many Italians head towards the mountains or the beach - the multimedia shows and events are aimed for tourists of all kinds so they are normally in full swing.

Whereas in December / January many of the more tourist oriented events and activities are taking a (much deserved) break and you will probably not find as many activities going on.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate your insights.
Ellen

Buongiorno,

You will find that though there are events all year long, the majority of the events (especially in foreign languages) take place in the summer months from June to September.

So the best time to come would most probably be in August. Though it is true August is a "vacation" month and many Italians head towards the mountains or the beach - the multimedia shows and events are aimed for tourists of all kinds so they are normally in full swing.

Whereas in December / January many of the more tourist oriented events and activities are taking a (much deserved) break and you will probably not find as many activities going on.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise