Visiting Tuscany...Where to stay???

JoeJoeCA

Hello Everybody,

My wife and I will be visiting the Tuscany region in July for 6 nights. We are trying to decide between making Florence our base for the whole trip or splitting our time between Florence and the Chianti area. We want to balance our time between great food, art, and wine. Please let us know your thoughts. Thanks!!!

P.S. We are in our 20's and do not plan to have a car during this trip.

Where to stay

Buongiorno,

Not having a car makes getting around in Chianti a bit more...challenging - but not impossible.

If you are looking for places to stay outside of the city then I suggest you look for something within walking distance of Greve in Chianti (Strada in Chianti or Grassina) where you can have easy access to the main bus line (n. 365) which will take you to Florence easily so you can then do other day trips. Or even Impruneta is a good choice with frequent bus service.

Or you could stay at Casa Palmira or Poggio al Sole near Fiesole and Mugello - they are to the north of Florence but have easy access to public transport and great positions to enjoy the food and scenery.

I would suggest that you stay at least two nights in Florence city - just to experience the excitement (and romance) of this magical city. You could look at an apartment Casa Mina or if you want how about La Nuovola run by an energetic young lady.

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise