3 nights in florence

shenlong

me and my wife will visit italy this may and we will arrive at florence in the 10th by train from rome probably around noon, we will stay at via cittadella for the next three nights, so far our main itinerary in florence is to visit uffizi and accademia, however i heard there are many places (museums) also worth visiting...need a recommendation on this as we will buy the firenze card and just visiting 2 museums will be a waste, we are food lovers and i heard bistecca ala fiorentina is marvelous, we are also very fond of walking the back historical alley of old cities and fresh market as well and we will watch the 3 tenors concert https://www.classictic.com/en/... on the 12th, so i guess we will only have half day on the 10th, full day on the 11th and 12th (until 4 or 5pm) we will depart to siena on the 13th, would like to ask for suggestion on how we arrange our timetable and places to visit based on what we plan to do above.

grazie

Museums to Visit in Florence

Buongiorno,

Two of my favorite museums to visit include Palazzo Davanzati and Bargello.

Both are located in buildings that are well worth the visit (not only for their place in history but also for the archiectural beauty).

Another museum that is interesting to visit is Palazzo Pitti - and if you are interested in history, the Palazzo Vecchio will take you on a tour through the very beginning of Florence up to today...an amazing journey.

In any case, you may want to read this article about the Firenze Card to be sure it is the right choice for you.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Buongiorno,

Two of my favorite museums to visit include Palazzo Davanzati and Bargello.

Both are located in buildings that are well worth the visit (not only for their place in history but also for the archiectural beauty).

Another museum that is interesting to visit is Palazzo Pitti - and if you are interested in history, the Palazzo Vecchio will take you on a tour through the very beginning of Florence up to today...an amazing journey.

In any case, you may want to read this article about the Firenze Card to be sure it is the right choice for you.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

thank you for the recommendation, yes palazzo pitti and buboli garden is in our list, my wife is a botanist enthusiast, i am also interested in palazzo vecchio, the mural looks amazing, about how many hours should be enough to visit palazzo pitti, buboli garden and palazzo vecchio each?
i would like to ask about bistecca ala fiorentina, is it served blue or medium rare? can you recommend which restaurant serves good medium rare bistecca, i'm not strong enough to stomach blue and rare steak.
thank you

timing

Palazzo Pitti could take all day especially if you add the gardens ;-)

Palazzo Vecchio should take about two hours to see it from top to bottom...however, it really depends on how much time you like to dedicate to what you are seeing. The last time I went I saw everything in an hour and a half...but I rushed through it because I hd another appointment. I would have gladly roamed around more calmly...and do the tower... if I had another hour to spare :cool:

As for the bistecca Fiorentina...one of the principle characteristics is that it is served pretty rare...so if that is not your thing you could try another dish ... for example the Peposa a beef stew made with red wine, this is very typical for the area or you ask for a "tagliata" - though often served red...it is not served as rare as the bistecca Fiorentina (and you can ask them to cook it a bit more without getting any upset looks for the chef :p)

Have Fun

Donna Denise