Quietest time of year in Florence?

Ericleo

I'm planning a first-time trip to Florence for my 70th birthday. Is Oct a bit less crowded with tourists? If not which is the best time to visit for the museums? I want to mainly see all the frescoes etc but not too keen about the long queueing I've read about!

my opinion

Hello,

October is hard to predict. Some years there are still some tourists, altough it is dyeing down, and some years it is already very deserted.
If you are looking for empty streets, i advise November and January, maeby February also.

Hello,

October is hard to predict. Some years there are still some tourists, altough it is dyeing down, and some years it is already very deserted.
If you are looking for empty streets, i advise November and January, maeby February also.

Sounds like the end of Oct wd be ok. Do senior citizens get discounts on museum entrance do you know please?

It varies, it is quieter than the summer for sure, but November is really when the "low" season starts. Having said that, October is one of my favorite months for the mix of less tourists as well as still very good weather.
In general, the long long lines are gone although you might still find a short wait at the Uffizi (it is one of the most popular museums in all of Italy).

No, unfortunately, the majority of the museums do not offer discounts of seniors but some do. You will have to check with each museum you plan to visit once you have a better idea of what you'd like to do.

How many days will you have in Florence or in Italy overall?