Only 2 nights in florence including a monday

5050trip

Please can I have some advice on how best to plan my sightseeing in Florence as we only have limited time, and one of the days is a Monday and I know some places are closed. I will be arrive in Florence from Rome by train on a Monday morning in May, so will have half a day to sightsee, then have a full day on Tuesday, and then we go to Venice by train some time on the Wednesday. In that time, the main attractions in Florence that we would like to see are Piazza del Duomo, Piazzale Michelangelo, Accademia, Uffizi gallery, Piazza della signoria, Ponte Vecchio, but also very interested in knowing what else we can fit in and are suggested 'must' sees. We are unlikely to have the opportunity of coming to Florence again, so want to make the most of our time. Please could I have advise on what order would be best to see the various attractions so that there an easy flow and also factoring in if certain times of the day are better than others for various attractions. Thank you

Florence Ideas

Buongiorno,

Even if you are in Florence on a Monday there is still lots that you can do...it just means that you will be visiting both museums in one day...which can be a bit of tiring.

I suggest that you have a look at this article with three possible self guided tours that will give you not only an idea on how to organize your day but also indicate a few things that you might want to add to your itinerary.

You definitely want to leave some “relax” time either a good cappuccino, delicious gelato or an aperitivo (happy hour) at one of the many outdoor spaces where you can just sit and soak in the rich and colorful atmosphere. Check out some of these ideas : https://www.visitflorence.com/eating-and-drinking-in-florence/

Buon Viaggio,
Donna Denise