Free Overnight Parking

Rosie Furnifer

Hi,

We will be looking to park and leave our car outside the centre of Florence for two nights while we are visiting. Currently considering the car park at Firenze Impruneta or preferably somewhere along the tram route such as the Co-op car park off Viale Nenni. Are either of these suitable to leave a car overnight?

Alternatively, can you make a suggestion as to where we could park that is not too expensive, and does not require too much driving near the centre.

Thanks
Rosie

You could park at Parterre lot, at 10 euros the first and 15 euros the second, it is also really safe to leave overnights. It is listed in the article Donna linked to above.

You could park at Parterre lot, at 10 euros the first and 15 euros the second, it is also really safe to leave overnights. It is listed in the article Donna linked to above.

Thanks for the tip, although we will be arriving from rapallo, and then after florence going on to siena so is there a good overnight parking spot on the south side of the city?

Thanks again
Rosie

going to Siena

Hi -

next to the Impruneta exit at the Autostrada (which is also where the Florence Siena road begins) there is a free parking lot (coming from Florence on the right hand side)

there is the ATAF bus that passes there and also the buses going to Impruneta.

On google maps if you search for B&B Il Poggiolo delle Rose, it will open up and you will see via cassia which is where the bus passes (the stop is called Firenze Bottai).

It fills up fast - but there is a lot of room. It is not protected, so do not leave anything inside your car.

Yours,

Donna Denise

Hi -

next to the Impruneta exit at the Autostrada (which is also where the Florence Siena road begins) there is a free parking lot (coming from Florence on the right hand side)

there is the ATAF bus that passes there and also the buses going to Impruneta.

On google maps if you search for B&B Il Poggiolo delle Rose, it will open up and you will see via cassia which is where the bus passes (the stop is called Firenze Bottai).

It fills up fast - but there is a lot of room. It is not protected, so do not leave anything inside your car.

Yours,

Donna Denise

Thanks Donna, the location sounds perfect, don't suppose there are any paid parking areas in a similar location that might be safer to leave the car overnight?

Thanks for all your help
Rosie

Parking

Hi -

sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. I have left my car there overnight and even a couple of all-day adventures where we met up and left our cars parked here...so I didn't mean to say it is not safe.

I just felt it best to offer a word of caution, while on vacation it is easy to forget some of the basic rules of keeping safe. :)

And even if it were a paid parking lot...there is always a disclaimer that they are not responsabile for the car...

Yours,

Donna Denise

Yes, all paid public parking lots put disclaimers to not leave valuables in the car as they take no responsibility for theft.

You might consider paying a bit more for a private garage, some are even in the center of town within the ZTL and cover the entrance into the ZTL (so you are not fined) and do have custodians at the garage 24/7: you can book some of them online through Parclick.