Looking for a quiet place to stay in Florence

Pilgrim

Hi, all. Two of us will be visiting Florence for the first time this September. We will be staying in Rome for a few days before driving to a villa near Greve for a few more days. Then we'll drive into Florence and turn in our rental car. We would like to stay at a hotel in the historical city center to make sightseeing easier, but we're afraid that it might be too busy and noisy, especially after our stay in the quiet Tuscan countryside. At the moment, we're looking at Hotel Monna Lisa and Hotel Davanzati. Does anyone know if those hotels are in quiet areas? Would we be more likely to find a quiet place in the Oltrarno or another area of the city?

All recommendations are welcome. Thank you!

Quiet in Florence

Buongiorno,

I am not personally familiar with the two hotels you mention (I have seen them and know where they are but I have never been inside.)

However, I have been inside Residence Toscanelli, and I have had friends that stayed at Hotel de la Ville (both mentioned in the link below) and these two were exceptional quiet for the busy areas they inhabited.

http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-accommodation/romantic-places-to-stay/top-ten-picks.html

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise