www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Artists in front of the Palazzo Pitti / on the Piazza de Pitti

Lightbulb Artists in front of the Palazzo Pitti / on the Piazza de Pitti

Hey,

we´ve been to Florence earlier this August and I wish I would´ve found your blog before our visit as we´ve had a hard time to navigate through the city (just like quite a few other tourists). Great effort and superb info right here

There were several artists selling paintings in front of the Palazzo Pitti/ on the Piazza de Pitti as we came by. We especially liked the paintings of an elderly lady. Her paintings of the scenes from the city exceeded into the passe-partout/mat.
    But unfortunately we didn´t buy one immediately and as we came back after visiting the Piazzale Michelangelo she was gone already.

Do you ever come by the Palazzo Pitti or do you know a way to recover/find/contact her? We didn´t see a visiting card at her stand but would love to buy a painting and let it ship to Germany.

Any help or hint would be very appreciated

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Ciao!

Thank you for posting on the forum too! Maybe there's a chance someone does know the artist and can give you contact details.... in any case, I will make a note to look and ask when I go by Piazza Pitti soon!
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.