Getting from Pisa to Florence on June 2nd (Republic Day)

Candy88

Hi everyone,

I have recently booked flights and accomodation to visit Florence for a week from 2nd June 2017... I have only recently realised that 2nd June is a public holiday, and am now wondering how that might affect the logistics of getting from Pisa Airport to central Florence? Do the regular trains still run as frequently on this day? We aren't scheduled to land in Pisa until around 5pm.

Additionally, will shops/restaurants be open the evening we arrive in Florence? We are staying in self-catering accomodation so would have been looking to pop out for some groceries or a meal when we arrive. Although if that's not likely to be possible we can make sure we eat on the flight or bring a few snacks with us.

Any general advice for travelling on Republic Day would be greatly appreciated!

Getting around on the 2nd of June

Buongiorno,

Between the trains (which will be limited due to the holiday) and the buses (Terrevision, ecc.) you will find that it won't be difficult to get to Florence.

The city center always has something open, little cafes, mini markets and of course, restuarants will be open - just hop over to San Lorenzo ( https://www.visitflorence.com/what-to-do-in-florence/shopping/san-lorenzo-central-market.html )

I would also suggest asking the property owner if they can provide you with a welcome basket with a couple of necessities - just so you don't need to hussle (water, wine, yogurt etc...) Many will help you out especially if there is a holiday in the middle.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise