Parking in Florence

LaraPP

Hi, I'll be visiting Florence in two weeks. I've rented an apartment in Via dei Servi, but since I'm going by car I have doubts about where to leave it. I'll be in Florence for three days. Do you think I should park it in a garage inside the ZTL zone (I've found one near the apartment for 70 euros) or look for a parking outside? Thanks

70 euros for the 3 days in a private garage is not bad, particularly if the car is parked for the full 3 days and there are paid attendants to keep it safe. That it is close by will also be a plus. I'd recommend that over using a public or looking for free parking in the outskirts, you'll have more peace of mind and access to the car if you need it.

If the garage is in the ZTL area, then you also have peace of mind over entering and exiting the ZTL area -- just be aware that the center has a lot of one-way streets so map out your route on how to get there beforehand.

Also know that numbers can be tricky in Florence -- there are two sets, ones in red (commercial places are in red) and in black/blu (which are more residential doors). So as you go down a street and start looking for numbers, keep a lookout for signs over numbers as the red and black numbers are not in order and as the increase be quite apart from each other.

thanks

70 euros for the 3 days in a private garage is not bad, particularly if the car is parked for the full 3 days and there are paid attendants to keep it safe. That it is close by will also be a plus. I'd recommend that over using a public or looking for free parking in the outskirts, you'll have more peace of mind and access to the car if you need it.

If the garage is in the ZTL area, then you also have peace of mind over entering and exiting the ZTL area -- just be aware that the center has a lot of one-way streets so map out your route on how to get there beforehand.

Also know that numbers can be tricky in Florence -- there are two sets, ones in red (commercial places are in red) and in black/blu (which are more residential doors). So as you go down a street and start looking for numbers, keep a lookout for signs over numbers as the red and black numbers are not in order and as the increase be quite apart from each other.
very good... very helpfully.

https://www.mxwholesale.co.uk