White Nights In Florence Sunday April 30th, and Florence on Monday May 1st

Ingo

Hi Lourdes - I understand White Nights is something to look forward to during our upcoming trip to Florence April 30th-May2nd. We are right down-town near the Piazza della Signoria but are wondering what to expect during white nights and how best to take advantage of our time that evening? any suggestions? In addition we will be there Monday May 1st - I'm concerned because I think a) its a Monday and I believe Museums are closed) and b) I believe its a public Holiday? any advice on openings, things to see on May 1st given the potential Monday and Holiday closures?

Buongiorno,

It definitely is a unique event! - If it doesn't rain like last year (lots & lots of rain)!

However the really fun thing about this event and May 1st - they usually don't advise us of the calendar until just a few days before hand. (Yeah that was just a bit of frustrated sarcasm :p) As soon as we have something I am sure we will do a blog post so that everyone can plan their itinerary.

You are right about the Museums on May 1st - you may want to organize yourself with a walking tour of the city (we have several on the site you can check out) or a day in the countryside or wine tasting.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

thanks Donna, regarding May 1st, are there typically festival type events done on a holiday? or can we expect the city to be very quite? ie Museums closed as well as restaurants

Most museums are closed on May 1st - but restaurants will be open.

I just checked and all of the monuments for Piazza Duomo (baptistery, cupola, etc, should be open -- I think the museum too) so that would be a perfect way to spend the day exploring.