Bus station / stops at SMN

Piper77

Hi, I will be arriving at SMN from Rome on a Sunday. I'd like to take the 12 or 13 bus up to Piazzaele Michaelangelo. The stops listed for either bus are different but I can tell they are in the area off SMN. Is there one general area for ATAF busses leaving the station or do the 12 and 13 actually have different smaller stops?

Thanks!

Bus from Firenze SMN

Buongiorno,

Either bus will get you where you want to be, and in about a comparable time.

However, number 12 will probably be a bit more panoramic.

I also suggest, if you have no problems walking that you follow one of the paths down into the city from the Piazzale to visit Ponte Vecchio and the surrounding historic center.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Buongiorno,

Either bus will get you where you want to be, and in about a comparable time.

However, number 12 will probably be a bit more panoramic.

I also suggest, if you have no problems walking that you follow one of the paths down into the city from the Piazzale to visit Ponte Vecchio and the surrounding historic center.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thank you so much for this information. I think we are also going to get off the #12 bus at Porta Romana and do a quick visit of the Boboli Gardens. We are in Florence on a free Sunday - so I hope it won't be too busy.

Is there an area outside of SMN that all the buses go from? Will it be easy for us to find where to catch the #12 bus?

Also, where can I buy bus tickets near SMN on a Sunday. It looks like the ATAF offices in the station are closed on Sundays.

Thanks!