Uffizi on a free entry Sunday

Jeffliz

Our plans are already set in stone so we cannot change any days, but as part of our 14 days in and about Italy we will be in Florence on a Sunday and Monday. My research just discovered that the Sunday happens to be the first of the month which means that the Uffizi and Acadamia are both free entry and no reservations are permitted. Then they're both closed on Monday, so Sunday is our only option to get there. We're staying closest to the Uffizi and it opens at 8:15am so my question is if anyone can advise on if getting there first thing that Sunday morning is the best way to go? How early do people start to line up on free Sundays? My wife and I are morning people and like to make the most of every day so getting there early is not a problem, but we don't want to get there at the crack of dawn if it's not absolutely necessary. Thank you

Uffizi on a Free Sunday

Buongiorno,

To be very honest, I normally avoid the "big" museums on the free day only because it draws as many locals as visitors - so it has a tendency to be busier than busy. :p

I do know that the lines start early, so at least 30 minutes ahead of time even 45 minutes - and I bet you will not be the first still have a bit of a wait. The locals won't be ahead of you but the students and other travelers will be lining up.

One of you can always wait in line while the other goes for a coffee and warm pastry :eek:

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

I'm in the same situation. I have one day in Florence and it is on the first Sunday of the month. Even though admission is free, would it make sense to purchase the Fierenze Card to bypass the long admission lines. Does the Firenze Card still allow you to skip the lines on a free Sunday? Thank you!!
Our plans are already set in stone so we cannot change any days, but as part of our 14 days in and about Italy we will be in Florence on a Sunday and Monday. My research just discovered that the Sunday happens to be the first of the month which means that the Uffizi and Acadamia are both free entry and no reservations are permitted. Then they're both closed on Monday, so Sunday is our only option to get there. We're staying closest to the Uffizi and it opens at 8:15am so my question is if anyone can advise on if getting there first thing that Sunday morning is the best way to go? How early do people start to line up on free Sundays? My wife and I are morning people and like to make the most of every day so getting there early is not a problem, but we don't want to get there at the crack of dawn if it's not absolutely necessary. Thank you

I'm in the same situation. I have one day in Florence and it is on the first Sunday of the month. Even though admission is free, would it make sense to purchase the Fierenze Card to bypass the long admission lines. Does the Firenze Card still allow you to skip the lines on a free Sunday? Thank you!!

I'm interested in the answer to this question; have the same situation. Is there any way to bypass the long lines on the free days? Will the Fierenze card work? A personal tour? Thank you.

free parking just outside florence

Hi Lourdes

We're going on holiday to Umbria in May and intend to visit Florence for the day. As its roughly 2 hours on the train from the nearest main station we thought we would drive to the outskirts, park and get the tram or bus into the centre. I have read the previous posts but they are several years old now therefore the information in them possibly out of date.
Can you please advise the best places to park and which forms of transport are available from the parking sites? And are parking charges applicable?

Many thanks
Mazmut