Thread: 3 day Florence, Pisa and Tuscany country side with children

Default 3 day Florence, Pisa and Tuscany country side with children

We'll be visiting for 3 days only in July (Saturday-Monday) and wanted to know how can we do all 3 without renting a car. We'll be traveling with our 5 year old. I personally would love to stay in the country side and taste some wine and food. My husband wants to go to Pisa. But I also want this trip to be exciting for my child.

Any suggestions as to where to stay and what to do? preferably a hotel with a Tuscan feel.

Thank you in advance.

Default Itin for three days

I suggest that you base yourself in Florence, or on the outskirts so you can make use of the public transport system as much as possible.

Pisa is easy to see by train, and they are quite frequent in both directions. You will probably only need a half day here.

As for a day in Tuscany, you could look at doing a bike tour. Read our review on a couple who do special tours, and who can help you with bringing your 5 year old.

Or you could look at taking a bus to Greve and walking around this small town to see a bit of Chianti, perhaps a walk out to Viticcio for a wine tasting or even Uzzano, which is practically in town.

Or you could take a bus to Siena - and enjoy the city.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise