1 Day in Pisa and Florence

alokdatta88

Hi Administrator/Members,

I need some of your inputs with respect to my travel plan in Florence in June 2017
I am having only 1 day in Florence. I am travelling from Venice to Florence, reaching Florence at around 11.30 AM and then planning to leave for Pisa in an hour approximately at around 1 PM and expected to reach Pisa station by 2.30 PM.
There I am planning to visit Leaning tower of Pisa and the nearby monuments. I am not going up the tower though. I roughly think I would spent around 2.5 to 3 hr in Pisa and will take a 6 PM train from there to Florence and expected to reach Florence by 7.30 PM.

Now I would like to go to some places within Florence like - Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Galeria De Academia, Piazzale Michelangelo and I have referred this places from your blog - 2 days in Florence.

Could you please suggest if this 3 places I can visit in Florence , if I start at 7.30 PM or will it be too late or what can be the alternative option in that case.

1) Will it take less time in Pisa with respect to my guess of 3 hrs if I don't go up the tower.
2) Do you suggest any change in plan so that I can make most of Pisa + Florence.
3) If the places I mentioned in Florence will remain open after 7.30 PM. If not whats the best time to visit those places.
4) This 3 places in Florence + Leaning tower of Pisa is must for me so you can suggest accordingly.
5) In Florence is there a way I can take Tram or Buses to travel to this places I mentioned. If so could you please let me know the specific route or bus numbers and stop names
6) Also I understand from the weather perspective it will not be too cold during June. but would it be little chill during early mornings /or at night. Are winter cloths required.

I am sorry I have too many questions but I want to make most out of my 1 day visit. Keeping my finger crossed.

Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Alok Datta

Coming in from Venice

Buongiorno,

I will be honest - to see both of these places on one day when you are coming out of Venice is a whirlwind tour where you will be rushed without time to appreciate the sights. I don't recommend it...but if you MUST.

Your earliest departure from Venice is at 7:30ish, which will have you in Florence around 9:30ish. (as opposed to 11,30 am) Regular trains to Pisa leave almost every 20 minutes. I suggest you head immediately to Pisa view the Tower and the Piazza dei Miracoli - without going in anything because you just won't have time. Then head immediately back to Florence.

Book your ticket to the Accademia (there is a link in this article, so you can skip the long line wait). Go to visit the Cathedral after the Museum and then up to see Piazzale Michelangelo (hopefully) in time for a sunset view.

I suggest you check our June events calendar so you can select a day in June, sometimes you can combine a walking tour in the city with a popular event (sometimes better than going into a museum) or there are some events which will make the city a bit crazy and better to avoid (like June 24 in Florence)

The last train back to Venice is at 9:30. Giving yourself enough time to walk back to the station and absorb a bit of the atmosphere in Florence.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thanks for the useful information.

I am actually not going back to Venice rather I would staying overnight in Florence. So what you have mentioned looks good to me.

Is there a specific bus route or tram route which I can avail within Florence to see this places. If so could you please let me know the specific route or bus #'s so that I can make the most out of my time on Florence

Florence over Venice

Buongiorno,

I access that to be a wise choice.

The nice thing about Florence is that it is small and easy to walk everywhere. However, if I were going to take a bus for a panoramic view I would concentrate on bus number 12 and 13. BUT. I would only take them up to the Piazzale Michelangelo square...I strongly suggest walking down the paths back into the city. It is only a short walk.

Donna Denise