Sovicille to Florence

miss-smith

Hi there
We are staying in a villa near Sovicille. There are 17 of us in total (10 adults and 7 children) We have booked a family walking tour of Florence and I'm wondering what the best way for us to get to Florence from Sovicille would be. We will have rental cars so maybe that would be best if someone could suggest a good place to park or would be be better getting a bus. I don't know if there's a train? I can't find any details? OR maybe renting a driver and a mini-bus? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Its our first trip to Tuscany!
Thank you :)

getting to Florence

Buongiorno,

Personally - if you can organise a driver, that is the way to go. It is a no stress way to explore the city. AND, though there is a surcharge for extra hours, with a driver you could evening enjoy the sunset and a pizza in the city and let someone else navigate the road home. It makes for a long day - but very satisfying.

Depending on where you are meeting your guide there are several places you can leave your car. My two preferred places are the parking lot at Piazza Beccaria and the parking lot at San Ambrogio. Both are pretty close to the city center - very walkable ... though you will find a bus (C1 and C2) in the square AND you won't hit a lot of city traffic to get there - as well as NO ZTL zones. They are underground and if it is a tight fit for the car (think of it as an adventure in parking). See the article below for more info.

https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise