Parking in Scandicci

Douglas

Driving from San Casciano in Val di Pesa, I would like to park in Scandicci to avoid ZTLs, then take the tram to the final stop at Alamanni. Has anybody done this or know the best way to do it and where to park, get on off the tram etc?

Thank you!

Parking rental car

Buongiorno,

I know many would prefer to avoid the city center so that they can avoid the infamous ZTL however, there are ways to avoid the zone without making you crazy. :rolleyes:

Have a look at this article which indicates all the parking areas in Florence - for example Piazza Beccaria and S. Ambrogio would have you completely avoiding the ZTL zones.

https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Hello,

I am trying to park in scandicci and I was just wondering if there were any ZTLs in Scandicci as well because the whole point of me going into this city is to avoid ZTLs in Florence. Thank you!!!

ZTL areas

Ciao -

I apologize, perhaps my suggestion wasn't expressed properly. I had want to communicate that there are lots of places to park in Florence before you arrive in the ZTL zones which don't require you to take a tram or bus to see the city center.

Most towns do have some kind of ZTL zone - however, looking online in Italian I see nothing indicated for Scandicci and the tram station is not in the center (which is where most ZTL zones are oriented). I know from talking to owners of B&Bs in Scandicci that the train station is easily reached and they never mention a ZTL zone.

I hope this is of some help,

Donna Denise