Planning itinerary milan to florence

Bcareyrelo

Need help for planning two weeks between milan andcFkorence. Have been to florence and south to sienna Radda in Chianti, Monteplulciano etc. plan on flying into Milan, two nights and perhaps two nights lake region. Drive down Fassano one night and day taking wine town in Barolo country. to Santa Margherita Two nights, relax and see portofino and cinque terra. On to Lucca three nights with some day trips. End in Florence three nights!

How does itinerary sound. Any suggestions for other towns, vineyards??

Heading towards Tuscany

Buongiorno,

Lucca is such a marvelous city to explore, I spent an evening there with a friend and the streets were a bit deserted after a certain hour at night - but it was lovely walking around and enjoying the atmosphere. I especially loved watching the city wake up in the morning.

Have a look at our one day itin for visiting Lucca

You might find this article about possible day trips from Lucca, if you decide to use it as your base. I especially enjoyed the prestigious villas: https://www.discovertuscany.com/lucca/historical-villas-in-lucca.html

I also had lots of fun researching this article on wine roads near Lucca - as well as going horseback riding in the area!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thank you

Great information thank you. The links you provided are perfect. I think my plan of three or even four nights in Lucca is spot on.