3 Days in Florence

BigZero68

There is a volume of information online regarding what to visit in Florence. However, much of it changes based on the opinion of the writer with no idea of the personal knowledge they have of the area.

We're spending 10 days visiting wineries and wine country in Tuscany and 3 days at the end of the trip to explore Florence. I would like to know what you suggest doing in those 3 days. There is far too much to see in that time frame, so we need to make some priorities. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Personal knowledge

Buongiorno Greg,

I have been living in Tuscany for quite a few years (ehmm) and I have (almost) made it a personal quest to try as many places out - including vineyards - as possible.

Those who have written articles for DiscoverTuscany.com all have quite a bit of hands on experience, and most of our pieces come from a very personal point of view while trying to cover as much factual info as well.

In order to help you really personalize your itin - I would ask, what it is that you prioritize on the trip:

- the classics, the wine, the perfect photo ops?

You can obviously get a bit of everything into 10 days!

The classics would include hitting Florence, Siena, the Chianti area and Pisa - second tier would include San Gimignano, and Lucca. Much of this is covered in our 7 day itin which also includes a few "picture perfect" places like Val d'Orcia and Cortona.

As for wine everyone insist on Chianti - however I suggest you give a look at this link and spread out: https://www.discovertuscany.com/itineraries-in-tuscany/strada-del-vino/

My personal favorites include a day in Arezzo, and day trip covering places like Pitigliano, Sorano and Sovana.

Please, don't hesitate to come back with more precise questions!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

You can start from this itinerary on what to do/see in 3 days:
https://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/3-days-in-florence.html
but even then, it is trying to pack way too much into those 72 hours. Like Donna has said, you'll need to decide what's more important as you won't be able to see everything -- and you shouldn't try! We have spent years exploring the city and enjoying it little by little and while we know you can't do the same, our suggestions definitely are based on what we consider the most important/essential while telling you to chose what seems interesting to you. To basically not try to check things off a list, but to enjoy what you do see. There is a lot in Florence and it is better to enjoy less and plan to come back to see other things on another trip ;-).