Visiting Uffizi on First Free Sunday -- Should we purchase Firenze Card to Skip Line?

flaneurgrandma

We will be spending one day in Florence on Sunday, Sept. 2. Unfortunately, that is a "free day" which then precludes purchasing timed tickets for Uffizi Gallery or getting a guided tour there with Viator In Partnership with Uffizi.org. We do not want a city tour, having explored other interests in the city 15 years ago (but unfortunately not the Uffizi). Would our best option be to purchase the three-day Firenze card (which would total 77 euros each) in order that we may skip the lines? I would love to hear from travellers who have purchased these cards and can give me an estimate of their wait time in high-season with it. Or if administrators of this forum can give me options, they too would be much appreciated. Can a line be expected regardless with the Firenze card line as I fear? I would much appreciate options for guided tours at Uffizi only, but have not been able to access their website directly. While we have a 12-hour dock period, that must allow train time to/from Livorno, so cannot spend more than an hour or so in line I would say. Thanks for your help!