3 Days in Florence - Recommendations Eat and Wine

funkyirishman

Hi

We are travelling to Florence in May and arriving in Pisa airport on the Friday morning and leaving from Pisa Sunday night for flight back to Ireland.

I have looked at transport from Pisa airport to Florence and Autostradale do a direct bus and I can book online and if plane is delayed then tickets are valid for any bus. Is this the best way of getting to Florence? Looked at trains but buses seems easier. Want to book to save queuing and buying tickets when we arrive but on the other hand it limits us to this company. Is it better to book online as I believe once bus full it goes.

When in Florence we are staying between Piazza della Libertà and Piazza San Marco. We are not that much into Museums more into the food and wine and to stroll around the city and discover all its quirks etc. Would like to do a walking tour one not to long as although fit enough we do like to sit down sip on some wine and people watch and take it all in.

So looking for places to eat and drink not the expensive ones the mid range and servings are many and wine is flowing and the atmosphere is Italian and not 'touristy Italian'

So all suggestions welcome we are open to most things that the city will offer us as really looking forward to the visit

Cheers