Meeting place for friends with car

Barbaraann

We will be spending two days in Florence and then friends will pick us up to drive us to the Sienna area where we will spend a week together. I understand there is no driving within the city limits so they cannot come to our lodgings. Where would be a good spot to meet that we could arrive by cab, and they could drive their car? Two major priorities are ease of finding and safety. After meeting, we will spend the day in Florence so we are looking for something relatively close by.

Meeting point

Buongiorno,

Personally, I like to use Piazza Beccaria as a reference point. It is easy to get to from the Firenze Sud exit of the Autostrada and it has several parking lots (paid) in the area. You can find it easily on your own or with a taxi, public transport and there are several cafes where you can sit and wait for your friends.

I also enjoy the stroll into the historic city from this square, passing through some lovely characteristic streets, close to the market at S. Ambrogio and the more laid back atmosphere.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

I would also recommend the Piazza Beccaria area or the Lungarno della Zexxa Vecchia as a good meeting area, both are easy to reach without going into the ZTL.

One thing I'd like to point out:
--- if you're meeting with them early and then leaving Florence with them, do not take your luggage to their car and leave it there.... unless the luggage is not seen, like in a trunk. It is just inviting intruders to go check out what might be in the luggage. Many cars here are hatchbacks and you can see the trunk area and see there are things in there. Most garages, including the public lots, have no personnel to ensure cars are not broken into and have large signs that say they will not take responsibility for cars being broken into. Some private garages, on the other hand, do have personnel and are a better option in that case.