Bus ticket question ?

Srodri8q

I want to get a bus ticket to go to San Gimignano from Florence. I need some help where can I buy bus tickets?

Now we want to go to San Gimignano as early as possible to try & beat some crowds like 7:30 am are there ticket offices open that early?

Also when I buy the tickets are they round trip tickets? Or would I have to buy a seperate return ticket at San Gimignano ?

If so where in San Gimignano can I buy the ticket?

***also when I look at the time table for the return from San Gimignano to Florence all it says is it returns to Firenze arrivi directa where in Florence is that? How do I know if the bus will stop at the same place in Florence Wendy to Santa María novella train station?

So sorry for my 5 million questions but appreciate any help

Last edited:
The ticket office for the bus is inside the station which is just across from the train station. I believe it is open daily from 6AM until 10PM.
We recently took the #131R bus from Florence to Siena and back. We bought tickets for the round trip a day or so in advance, so we wouldn't have to worry about a line on the day we wanted to travel. We bought the round trip ticket, so we wouldn't have to fool with trying to figure out where to purchase a return ticket in Siena. The tickets can be used at any time.
I believe the bus to San G would be the #131, not the #131R. It was an easy and enjoyable way to travel.

As Uomo Grasso replied above, you can get your ticket ahead of time --- then stamp it/validate it when you get on the bus so date and time are marked on it.
That way you don't worry about it, and can buy round trip tickets ahead of time so you don't have to worry about buying the return ticket later.

You definitely want the one without the R, which is the one that stops in Poggibosni and then you can get off and head toward SG.