Parking outside town

Radailey

I will have a rental car that I need to park 3 days while in Florence. I am scared to death thinking of driving in the restricted zone reading others stories...was going to park outside and bus in,but the rates in parcheggio parterre are probibiting...every day you stay the rate goes up! Anyone offer another alternative...I read about Park2go on this site and it is appealing but just dont know if I can handle getting in aNd out of the restricted zone

If you want to avoid driving in the center in any case, even if a garage in the center would take care of the ZTL entrance and you would not get fines (there are a lot of one way streets that even I hate), then the best solution as far as parking is either the parking lot on Viale Europa near the A1 Firenze Sud exit or the Villa Costanza parking lot along the A1 highway. With one you can take bus into downtown, with the other catch the tram line all the way into SMN train station. I have a post on the Villa Costanza option here: https://www.visitflorence.com/blog/villa-costanza-new-parking-lot-visit-florence/

Reread your last post and maybe you meant the tram stop to park? it is called "Villa Costanza", you park there and then take the tram and get off at "SMN/Santa Maria Novella"