Lap Swimming in Florence?

Mikeq

I will be in Florence in late June to early July 2019.
I see some pools nearby (staying between Arno and Piazza Cesare Beccaria) but I swim laps or team workouts. I'm a member of US Masters Swimming.
Anyone know where I can workout (swim laps)?
Thanks
Michael

Hi Mikeq,
personally I can recommend Tropos
which is very close to Piazza Beccaria.

I have been going at their pool for a year now, after tryng other pools in the area, and I'm very happy with it.
I also swimm laps, I'm not a professional athlete but I see several serious athletes training there. It's not crowded, expecially in the morning and till 16.30 in the evening and a friendly environment. The pool is 25 m long.

I usually speak with Simona Paperetti, maybe you can drop her an email at simona@troposclub.it for some more info and a quote on a subscription.

hope that helps

Thank you

Thank you, Stefano.
It looks good from the website and it is near where I'll be staying.
I appreciate your reply.
Michael

if you're keen on a larger pool (50m9, the alternative is Bellariva nearby further down the lungarno.
Since it is used by local swim teams, you might have to work around times when it is open to public. you can get more info on their site --- and might not be so easy to find someone speaking english.
While the page is not updated, it is safe to assume most mornings are possible in terms of hours:
https://www.rarinantesflorentia.it/sedi-rari-nantes-florentia/2018-02-23-10-21-04/nuoto-libero

Thank you

Hi Lourdes
Thank you for the information about swimming.
You mentioned teams, I belong to a team here in California USA. Perhaps they have an Adult team and welcome swimmers from other teams.
I will check it out!

Grazie!
Michael