Florence T2 Vespucci Tram

orange

Hello,

we will be travelling to Florence mid of next month. We will arrive at FCO airport and was advised by our airbnb host to take tram T2 Vespucci from the airport and to alight at Rosselli station.

I will like to find out the below:

1) can tram T2 tickets be purchased at FCO airport?
2) is there discounted price tickets for seniors who are more than 60yrs old of age? A child below 4yrs of age - does he need a ticket?
3) we have big trolley luggages? do we need to purchase tickets for our big luggages too?

pls advise

thank you

FCO airport is the Fiumicino airport in Rome so I am going to assume it was a typo and you meant the Florence airport, which has the acronym FLR. So from the Florence airport, I can confirm that the T2 Vespucci tram is now the easiest - and cheapest - way to get to downtown Florence (and back to the airport as well).

I'll answer right below your questions to make this easier:

1) can tram T2 tickets be purchased at the airport?

You can buy the tickets at the automatic machine right by the tram, there are two machines there.
You can see some photos of the tram (the last one shows the ticket machine) on my post here: https://www.visitflorence.com/blog/tram-line-t2-open/

2) is there discounted price tickets for seniors who are more than 60yrs old of age? A child below 4yrs of age - does he need a ticket?

The ticket works by time, it is valid for 90 minutes, just like bus tickets here in Florence. Which means you can get off the tram and then get on a bus and continue your journey if it gets you closer to your rental, as long as you are within that time frame. It is meant to make it easier for people to use public transport and get them across the city or wherever they need to be on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, there are no discounts for seniors and kids go by height, not age.... if they are under 1meter tall, they don't pay a ticket, if they are taller, then they do have to pay. When you get on board the tram, if the ticket doesn't have the date and time stamped already on it, there are these yellow machines where you put the ticket in and it prints date and time on it. Your 90 minutes start from then. If checked by a controller, it is this stamp that will hold to see if your ticket is valid.

3) we have big trolley luggages? do we need to purchase tickets for our big luggages too?

Yes, you do have to buy a ticket for your luggage as well (only backpacks and purses are small enough to not warrant the extra ticket).