www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Wine Tastings without a car

Teresi is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Wine Tastings without a car

Planning my 21 trip to Italy and I would like to do some wine tastings. Does anyone have suggestions? I will be without a car so some of the wineries ( I am reading ) might be unreachable for me.

alluring is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

If you are traveling to Tuscany then for a wine tasting you should be heading towards Chianti, as it is highly renowned for its wineries and world-class wines. If you do not have a car, you can become a part of guided wine tour group, where they arrange for all the transportation to take you to different wineries and then bring you back.

We did a guided wine tour a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The one we took went to 4 wineries in the Chianti region and even included lunch at a private villa. It was a very memorable experience. Not inexpensive, but worth every cent...

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Most definitely the way to go is to join a guided group - there are many choices available so you will have to decide what works for you -
    small group, private groups, larger groups, a whole day with several wineries and lunch included or just morning or afternoon tours, tours to various wine areas, including Chianti but also Montalcino for its Brunello or Montepulciano for its red wines... there are a few tours of the coast too to visit the Bolgheri wine area and the most important, departures from Florence or Siena or another town.
    Where are you basing yourself? I highly recommend one of these two (Florence or Siena) when you don't plan to have a car, because it is easier/simpler to use trains and buses to get do day trips across the region this way.

Take a look at these tours: http://tours.discovertuscany.com/en/...rs/d206-g6-c21 (disclaimer: affiliate link)
    Also read this page that suggest how to do wine tastings from Florence without a car on your own (suggestions of wineries that can be reached with bus mainly) https://www.chianti.com/wine-tasting...out-a-car.html
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.