www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Firenze card

Lisa C is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Firenze card

My husband and I will be spending 3 days in Florence in Oct 2021. I was considering getting the Firenze card to potentially save money and also fast track museum admission where applicable. Based on info I found on the http://firenzecard.it/ site it looks like the cards are not back in operation yet. Any sense on when the Firenze cards will become operational again? I am concerned about waiting too long to book tickets and then not being able to get the days/times we would like.

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

At this time, I would highly recommend you consider planning your trip by first making a list of the museums you want to absolutely visit. If both Accademia and Uffizi are on that list, I suggest you book those museums directly. Those are the ones with long lines that have number of visitors limited down from what they were before, so it makes sense to book those, even in October.

Which other museums are on your list? It is likely you don't have to buy tickets ahead for those, considering you're coming in October.

The numbers of tourists in the city are still small compared to the past, and I doubt they will be the same as in the past by then. Starting in 2 days, across Italy all museums will require the Green Pass or its equivalent in order for anyone to visit. This as Covid cases have seen an increase over the last few weeks. If the measures planned for limiting activities for those with Green Passes works, we hope everything will still be open in October. The Firenze Card has not been reactivated because not all museums are yet back open with regular hours.... so they don't want to offer something you might not be able to fully use. If things were to go well and museums reopen, then the card might be reactivated before your arrival and you can just buy it once you arrive. However, I'd recommend that if you want to wait and see, that by the second half of September you check back here with us. We will let you know how things are - and if by then you haven't booked tickets for the Uffizi and Accademia, to go ahead and book.
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.

Lisa C is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Firenze card

I really appreciate your guidance Lourdes and will proceed with booking tickets for the Accademia and Uffizi directly. Other places we hoped to go where I thought we might need tickets ahead of time were the Duomo complex, Pitti Palace/ Boboli Gardens, Bardini Gardens and perhaps the Palazzo Vecchio. Any guidance you have in relationship to those attractions would be most appreciated. Although we will not be in Florence until Oct we are leaving for Italy on Sept 15th and I am trying to buy any tickets that need to be purchased in advance prior to our departure.
    It is wondeful to have a forum like this where one can pose questions!

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Ciao Lisa, you are on your way over to Italy.

I would just wait until you are here to get tickets for all of those other places you are interested in, the only one that needs definite booking is if you want to go up the Duomo's cupola but there are generally tickets for the day of. Just go first thing in the morning to book the tickets to climb later that day! You can also book online once you're here: https://operaduomofirenze.skiperform...o#/it/acquista

Safe travels and enjoy!
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.