Florence New Years Eve 2022 Events

Does anyone know if Florence will be having live Events similar to precovid for New Years eve this year? For the 2022 New Year? Also what would be open for December 31, 2021 and January 1, 2022? Any info would be appreciated. Mille Grazie!

Ciao Strictly Pavement,
I highly doubt the city will be planning an event for New Year's that foresees live events similar to pre-covid times BUT we are headed in that direction. Cases are going down, in Tuscany with over 75% of the population vaccinated and I see many live events re-starting with limited numbers and with social distancing requirements/mask wearing. So it is very possible we might have something better than last year as far as New Year's Eve goes, since then the events were completely online. It is too soon to know, however. I have hope but I don't know when we will have official news about what's planned. Generally, even in pre-covid times, we only found out what was being planned around the beginning of December so it's possible you will have to wait until then to know for sure. As soon as we find out, we will share the news so stay in touch! ;-)

Ciao Strictly Pavement,
I highly doubt the city will be planning an event for New Year's that foresees live events similar to pre-covid times BUT we are headed in that direction. Cases are going down, in Tuscany with over 75% of the population vaccinated and I see many live events re-starting with limited numbers and with social distancing requirements/mask wearing. So it is very possible we might have something better than last year as far as New Year's Eve goes, since then the events were completely online. It is too soon to know, however. I have hope but I don't know when we will have official news about what's planned. Generally, even in pre-covid times, we only found out what was being planned around the beginning of December so it's possible you will have to wait until then to know for sure. As soon as we find out, we will share the news so stay in touch! ;-)
Ciao Lourdes, any updates on things to do in Florence for New Years Eve 2021 into 2022?

Ciao there! I've been updating the info on New Year's over the past couple of days, there isn't detailed info, just general info for now but I'll post more as soon as I see it. I've updated the info in Italian and need to do it in English, so for now here's a rehash of what we know:

7 piazzas are going to hold events, no mega concert in any spot. Masks will be required.

3 piazzas in historical center:
- Piazza della Signori: with acrobatic acts, light shows, projections on the buildings and music
- Piazza SS Annunziata - Gospel concert
- Piazza del Carmine: jazz concert + moving band across the streets in Oltrarno

Then 4 piazzas outside the city center, for the various residential districts (quartieri):
- Piazza delle Cure
- Piazza Bartali
- Piazza dell'Isolotto
- the commercial center San Donato in Novoli

The article in Italian with this info is this one but I will update as soon as I see more info: https://www.visitflorence.com/it/cosa-fare-a-firenze/natale-e-festivita-a-firenze.html - I'm currently working on updating the English version ;)

Hello everyone!!
Unfortunately, there are voices going around that the whole event might be cancelled. The City should make a decision soon, I hope, so that at least we know what to plan. Number of covid cases in Florence and Tuscany are going up and they are evaluating whether to be more prudent by not inviting people out into the piazzas.

Yep, I updated the articles online - there will be no Comune sponsored events in the piazzas.
I am. however, searching for private events going on. I haven't seen any info on those being cancelled, although they will have to be super strict about following covid protocols.