Planning 7 nights in tuscany

Hi Elena, just getting myself sorted out now fot our trip on 24th august. THE PLAN IS TO SPEND 3 NIGHTS IN S. Gigimnano, then park car somewhere and get train to florence the next day where we will stay overnight. Will shops and museums be open on Sundays? Train back next evening and drive to Val D,orica area, probably staying in Montepulciano for 2/3 nights. Considering getting a guide to show us round few wineries in Chainti on our 3rd day while in S.Gigamnano because we want to drink some wine or should we stay 1 night in Chanti and make it 2 nights in S gigamnano? Many thanks for your valuable information.

Ciao Coleen!

Shops and museums will be open on Sundays, don't worry :)

While in Val d'Orcia, if you wish to stay right in the beautiful village of Montepulciano, I suggest you check this listing of selected properties.

Getting a guide to show you around in Chianti would be the best way to fully appreciate wine tastings and the beauty of the area. In this way you might stay 2 nights in the enchanting town of San Gimignano, without having to move for another overnight.

For any further advice do come back to us :)

Ciao from Tuscany!

Hi Elena, thank you again for all your help. We will be staying 2 nights im Montepulcano but for the last night of our trip we want to stay somewhere really nice. We spotted a beautiful place in Sinalunga but it seems very close to Montepulicana. We would be better moving closer to Pisa. What about Siena or Lucca? Can you sugguest anywhere v nice with good restaurant on site. Many thanks.

Ciao Colleen,

Are you flying out of Pisa? Then it makes sense to get closer to Pisa on your last day and the area between Pisa and Lucca is very nice. Siena would be a much further drive back to Pisa and is still quite close to Montepulciano/San Gimignano.
Lucca has a lot of villas in its countryside, many converted to hotels that might be something special for your vacation. You can stay in the city - from this page, you can see what is available by setting your specific dates. You might particularly enjoy Villa La Principessa with its own restaurant.

Do let me know if you'd like some more suggestions! We're sure you'll have a great time in Tuscany! :)