Hiking Alpuan Alps

Julie Jones

Intending to walk around Garfagnana in Sept 2012 with group of 8-10. Thinking of Forato Mt, Mt Prado, Dead Man of Garfagnana, Orrido di Botri up onto Rondinaio to Lake Baccio, Orta Di Donna to main ridge of Apuane and Monte Pisanino. Ideas on best cental location for accommodation and transport to walks.

Wow, you're planning to practically do all of the Apuan Alps on foot, good for you!! We love hiking in the Apuan Alps ourselves and have done the Monte Forato, Pania della Croce and the Pizzo d'Uccello, all on separate trips though! ;)

Before I can help you figure out how to plan this trip, I was wondering how many days you'll have.... also, were you thinking of staying in one place to use as a base for the entire trip, and do the hikes as day trips or instead planning to hike and stay up in the mountain refuges or camp in tents? The area is a national park so camping is allowed in certain areas. It all depends on how many days you have for the trip, so that it will be easier to recommend one over the other - so do let me know and I'll try to provide the help I can!! :D